19 April 2010

busy.busy.busy

Although I've added some pictures from our class trips to Villa Lante and the following week's journey to Siena, I haven't gotten around to writing the captions (as you will see)...

Things in Orvieto are just starting to pick up, as we're down to under 3 weeks left here in our little hilltown, and an architecture program just wouldn't be complete without the final crazy rush of projects at the end!

Just to add to the end-of-the-semester insanity, I took a personal trip to Milan for the weekend to accomplish my #1 goal of my Italian semester: a visit to the Milan Furniture Fair! Keep checking in for the greatest weekend of this lady's Italian experience...I'll get there eventually, I promise! But here's a lil' preview:

within 72 hours, Renae, Lydia + I managed to:

-visit Villa d'Este with our class on Friday (where apparently I ignored the architecture and took only pictures of pretty flowers)
-walk all of Hadrian's Villa with the class (and take home a souvenir sunburn)
-visit Richard Meier's Jubliee Church in Rome (which made me never want to leave)
-return to Orvieto to frantically and excessively overpack
-hop a night train to Milan
-take advantage of Milan's infinite shopping (without exploding my credit card, though I was tempted...)
-climb the Milan cathedral (where I photographed approximately 9 million gargoyles)
-meet up with fellow IA'ers Paul, Christa, and Melia from Coburg Germany for happy hour
-gallery hop across the Brera Design District
-make a valiant attempt at visiting 7000 furniture designers
-grab the Sunday night train home to Orvieto to head straight to Monday class
-fall asleep in every Monday class

Tiring weekend? Yes.
Perfect weekend? Heck yes.
Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment